So yes, ladies and gents…this happened. I saw this on Facebook somewhere, and couldn’t get the idea of it out of my mind. So I made it a reality. Funnel Cake Strawberry milkshake all the way, baby!! Anyone else think this looks good? Thumbs up, or thumbs down? Let us know in the comments!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- powder sugar for dusting
- Vegetable oil + saucepan
- 5 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- strawberry topping
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until mixed well.
- Heat up oil (recommended is about 365ºF)
- In circular motion, pour funnel cake mixture in a circular motion in the oil.
- Turn over within 1-2 minutes or until golden brown color. (careful with oil splattering.)
- Leave another minute, and take out of oil and place on paper towel.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour in glass drinking cup
- Top the milkshake with strawberry topping, then the funnel cake, more drops of strawberry topping, and then a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Serve and enjoy!