My family loves breakfast time. On weekdays, with the hustle and bustle of getting kids off to school, there’s so little I can do to fill their tummies. We revert to cold cereal, oatmeal, or cereal bars. However, on the weekends, I find myself looking on Pinterest for easy, fun and tasty breakfast ideas that I feel my family would enjoy. I guess you could say I have an addition to Pinterest. It never fails me.
For the month of January, I received a Degustabox in the mail, and this particular one included Hungry Jack Pumpkin Spice pancake mix. Sure you could easily make pancakes or waffles with this mix, but why be so boring? This subscription box helps you to think outside the box, and get creative!
So I did just that!
This Hungry Jack Pumpkin Spice mix can be completed with just water, and when you open the box, the amazing aroma overwhelms your nose. I absolutely love the smell of pumpkin spice, so I couldn’t wait to jump on this recipe. Instead of making typical pancakes, I made crepes. Let me tell you, they were a huge hit with my kiddos and myself. Not only that, but they were easy to put together. I think in all, it took me about the same time as it would if I would have just made the pancakes.
Add any toppings or fillings you desire with this recipe. We used strawberry filling and topped it with powdered sugar and whipped cream. Don’t forget to try these crepes with Nutella also. Just warning you, it’s addictive!
Scroll down for the crepes recipe and try it for yourself.
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Spice Hungry Jack pancake mix
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup of cold water
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Mix pancake mix and flour together
- Add the water, eggs and melted butter and stir until mixed well
- Preheat skillet to medium heat
- Spoon 3 tbsp of mixture into skillet, tilting to an evenly thin coat
- Turn when bottom is golden brown on each side, about 1- 1 1/2 minutes each
- Once finished, fill portion of the crepe with your favorite fruit topping, or sweet spread
- Roll, and top with powdered sugar and whipped cream
If you haven’t tried out Degustabox yet, you’re missing out. I’m in love with this subscription box. I know that if you’re a foodie, you’ll enjoy it as much as I do! In this box, you’ll receive between 10-15 newly-out-on-the-market products that you get to try out in your very own home. It’s seriously like your birthday every month! For only $19.99, you’ll receive $30+ worth of fun foods. And while $19.99 is a great price, you can receive your FIRST box for only $9.99 – which is 50% off the monthly sale price! Just head on over to their website, and use coupon code 4F5AH to save.
Here’s what I received in my January Degustabox:
- Money-Saving coupons
- Cello Whips
- Little Bites Sample
- Jolly time popcorn
- ALO drink
- Ginger Honey Crystals
- Smart Kids
- One and Done seasoning (this was a gift for some of their survey respondents last month.)
- Welch’s Fruit n’ Yogurt snacks
- McDonnell’s Indian Korma Curry Sauce
- Go Organically Fruit snacks
- Hungry Jack pancake mix