I know this may sound a little weird to some of you, but I’ve never tried stuffed mushrooms before. Believe me, I’m all about mushrooms – especially on my steak. This was definitely a new experience for me.
The other day, we had a family get together – more specifically a cousin day – and they brought over the ingredients to make stuffed mushrooms. I was quite intrigued and ready to try it out right then and there. Little did I know how easy it was to make these yummy treats.
I left the cooking to our cousin’s husband, who is an amazing cook! We normally make him cook when we get together, that’s how good he is! No joke. He quickly got to work and in no time, they were finished.
The ingredients were simple enough: Mushrooms, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, butter, onion powder, cayenne pepper, minced garlic, and Chiridos Baja Ranchero air-puffed chips.
At the last minute, my friend had mentioned how bread crumbs would have been a perfect topping on these appetizers. I showed him the Chiridos Baja Ranchero air-puffed chips, which I received in my Degustabox subscription box.
Might I add that this subscription box is amazing, and you can learn more about it by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
Immediately, he began crushing them in the bag and once they were crumbs, he sprinkled a pinch on each of the mushrooms. They added just the right flavor of ranch!
You should definitely try out this recipe, if you love mushrooms. My husband, who has never liked mushrooms even tried it. Granted, he still didn’t like them, but he thought the stuffing what not too bad. If you don’t like spicy, don’t include the cayenne pepper. It was a bit too spicy for me, so next time I’ll be excluding that ingredient.
Here’s the recipe below:
- 12 Whole Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cayanne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 onion powder
- 1/4 parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 oz bag Chiridos Baja Ranchero chips, crumbled
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use parchment paper on your baking sheet, or use cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms and break off stems.
- Chop the stems up in small pieces
- Add vegetable oil to skillet, start medium heat.
- Combine garlic and chopped mushroom to the skillet and cook for a few minutes
- Set aside.
- Add cream cheese, parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper, (optional) to the garlic and mushroom mixture.
- Mixture will thicken.
- Fill each mushroom cap with stuffing mixture.
- Top the cap with the crumbled Chiridos Baja Ranchero chips
- Put the mushroom caps on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. You'll notice liquid on the baking sheets.
- Lastly, drizzle a small spoonful of melted butter on each of the mushrooms.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy
Please note: The items they receive in the box may be different than the ones they see in the photo above.
We love saving money here at Coupon Friendly! $19.99 for a Degustabox is a great price, but you can receive your FIRST box for only $9.99 – which is 50% off the monthly sale price! Just head on over to their website, and use coupon code 4F5AH to save. Try Degustabox today!