I have picky eaters in my family.
It’s not always fun making meals, because often times it’s a hit-and-miss. And I HATE wasting food…. ergo, I end up eating the left overs! Probably not the best decision I make during the day, but it is what it is.
With that said, I do love introducing new recipes to my family in hopes to find another to add to our cookbook. The Pesto Chicken Pasta Recipe, thankfully, had been given the thumbs up to be included. The ingredients and prep were incredibly simple, and only contained the following:
I do have to say that the Galletti and Sfilati were excellent additions to this meal. The Sfilati breadsticks, according to my daughter, tasted a bit like cheese crackers and included lots of flavor. I definitely agree. The package was long gone once dinner was finished. The Galletti shortbread cookies made a perfect light treat at the end of the meal.
I personally LOVE the Barilla brand, and would recommend it to anyone whose in need of a quick, but yummy meal for your household. You can find the recipe for the Pesto Chicken Pasta at the bottom of this blog post.
If you haven’t tried Soy Vay’s Asian honey BBQ marinade and sauce, you’re missing out! My husband marinated some country ribs in them and baked them in the oven for 3 hours on low heat, made some quick white rice, and created something delish for dinner tonight. I think broccoli would have gone nice with this recipe, but it was still so good!!
We also noticed the Dandies marshmallows in the box, and immediately thought of s’mores. You can find chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies at Dollar General and combine the two for a delicious, cheap s’more craving! My kids couldn’t get enough of them!
Special thanks to Degustabox for letting me try out your subscription box! This was amazing!
I sure do love this subscription box! If you like trying new foods, check them out! You can grab your FIRST box for only $9.99 shipped by using coupon code 4F5AH! Don’t wait. Get it now!
- 1 box Barilla Farfalle pasta
- 1 jar Barilla Pesto sauce
- 1 Can of cooked, diced chicken (12.5 oz. worked for us - if you love chicken, add another can)
- 1 Package of frozen broccoli
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to the directions on the box
- In a large skillet, combine pesto sauce, can of diced chicken, broccoli and garlic powder on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir occassionally.
- Once both are finished, combine both pasta, and sauce mix together and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Enjoy! Makes about 6-8 servings.